Java Software Engineer
Our client is one of the main actor in wholesale distribution industry in Belgium. In their constant growth, they would like to reinforce their Software Development Team. That’s why we’re looking for a passionate & experienced Java Software Engineer. As a software engineer you support and optimize the IT processes within one of their specific department / Service Center. You also develop new applications together with your colleagues. An exciting job for a passionate Java expert with several years of experience!
You will work within the Group in the new Service Center. As a software engineer, you and your colleagues are responsible for the development, optimization and support of applications. Collaboration is central to the Group. You end up in a dynamic and enthusiastic team and work closely with mainframe software engineers, application managers, IT architects, business analysts, etc..
As a Java Software Engineer:
• You participate in projects. From the full development of a new application to the testing of new or existing applications and the implementation of adjustments. You participate in the status meetings where you can give your personal input (about timing, execution, etc.).
• You follow up incidents, determine the urgency of a problem, carry out daily checks, follow up processes, analyze what went wrong, etc.
• You share your knowledge. You support and help your colleagues with questions or problems and proactively share your acquired expertise.
Count on a challenging job in a stimulating work environment where you work with the latest technologies. You get the opportunity to help shape new (strategic) IT projects and learn from your colleagues on a daily basis.
As a Java Software Engineer you have/are:
- A Bachelor / Master degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in Java Development
- Strong knowledge in technologies such as EJB, JTA, JMS, JPA,…
- Analytical and solution-oriented - You immediately see the core of a problem and can quickly formulate a targeted solution.
- Communicative and customer-oriented - You work smoothly with different personalities and profiles. You put the interests of the end user first and you communicate your position or solution clearly and constructively with all parties involved.
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently so that you can work smoothly with everyone. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Attractive salary package - On top of an attractive salary, you get fringe benefits such as company car, meal vouchers, insurances and profit sharing.
- Stimulating work environment - You will have the opportunity to put the latest Java technologies on the map within a listed company and you will work together with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities - Thanks to a wide range of internal and external training courses you can further hone your skills.
Interested or curious to know more about it? Do not hesitate longer and send your resume.