Description de l’offre d’emploi
IoT Engineer (Brugge, West-Flanders)
For our client an international industrial group of currently 23 companies in 11 countries across Europe, US, Mexico, India and China with a worldwide market leadership in ultra high-precision products for the automotive and aerospace sector, we are looking for a highly-motivated ‘Internet of Things Engineer’.
With digitalization becoming a key success factor in every area of the business, and in support of our vision to evolve towards smart factories, we need to have excellent processes and systems in place to provide the crucial information at the right level of accuracy on planning, production, finance, procurement and sales.
Hence we are continuously investing in extending connectivity across our industrial assets in view of capturing and consuming a growing amount of real-time data as a foundation for smart systems and processes. (fun fact: our factory in Bruges has been awarded ‘Factory of the Future’.)
You will join our global competence center for Frontend Solutions, working on connecting physical with digital and optimizing the tools that provision data to our employees.
Our products are complex to manufacture against micron-precision. We are continuously modernizing our machines and integrating those in a holistic monitoring and quality measuring system based on real-time connectivity.
To enable the further growth of our Industrial IoT Infrastructure, we are looking for an additional Industrial Internet Of Things Engineer.
- Together with your team colleagues, you develop, expand and improve the IoT infrastructure & portals.
- You specialize in designing generic and scalable solutions to connect a large diversity of production (CNC and/or PLC controlled) and quality measuring devices, that allow for a fast rollout and deployment across different plants worldwide.
- You contribute to the groups’ innovations by making available the technology that allows for implementing closed loop cycles with our Customers and Partners.
- You will develop code, carry out testing and create documentation.
- You contribute to shaping our integrated Smart Connectivity concepts.
- You will leverage proven technologies to build a stable system of connected assets to provide feature-rich APIs, as a basis for real-time analytics and machine learning.
- You will work in close cooperation with our core applications teams in order to identify new opportunities of data capturing and integration.
Our technology stack will more and more be limited to typescript, C# and python. And we will use as well SQL and Timeseries databases.
- You have a broad and in depth knowledge about different types of machine control units (Siemens, Fanuc, …) and know how the different parts of a machine control work together and share data. You know where to find the different machine parameters and this for new, but also older controls
- You are comfortable with various communication protocols (OPC UA, MTTQ,..)
- You understand the importance of standard and scalable solutions
- You have strong soft skills:
- Adapting to new contexts easily
- A problem solving attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge about Cloud infrastructure is definitely a plus.
- You preferably already worked with Python for some years now
- You know something about unit & integration testing
- You are able to write clear documentation
- You are fluent in English (speaking & writing)
- Azure Services